Monday, March 7, 2011

I hate Stats.

So we went to the RE today. A Reproductive Endocrinologist. Sounds fancy. Anyways, after going through our charts and tests and telling me that my cycle is "out of a textbook," he diagnosed us (thus far) with 'unexplained infertility."

Now, I don't know about you, but that was pretty crappy to hear. It's like, all signs point to both of you are perfect! You just can get pregnant for some reason! Ugh, science. Anyways, he showed us some pretty grim slides about our chances on our own (2%), vs our chances with an IUI (8%)...and then on to IVF(like 50%). UUGHHHH. We were really overwhelmed with the whole diagnosis and then the cost of everything. But Josh says, "now aren't you glad I put away so much money? Are you going to be mad at me when I move so much into savings every month anymore??" Haha, oops, I was mad a little bit ago, now I'm mad we have to use it for this. Sounds terrible, but why can't we get pregnant for free like most of the world??


So, we both had lots of blood work done to check for hormone and genetic abnormalities. I'll get those results soon and take a month break from meds/charting. Our next plan of action is the Clomid/IUI : a potential "tax return baby" since the procedure costs the same amount as our return AND the month will be around April 15th! It'd be an amazing gift (but not from you Uncle Sam...from God and our own money you steal monthly!).


At church last night, Pastor Gregg said "God's timing is perfect." I have to keep reminding myself that...BUT IT'S SOoooo hard.


I'll leave you with my new 'DO...craziest thing I've done in a while. But it's growing on me. I told my friend Courtney that if I get more of a "mom 'do" maybe a baby will come! LoL

So, March. Looking forward to Karen's Fat Tuesday party, Zac Brown Band at the Rodeo, my mommy visiting in a week, and my very first Scentsy Party at Jenn's!

7 comments:

Rebecca said...

Glad to hear the appt. went well. I hope the bloodwork comes back good and you both get your bfp!

Courtney Squillante said...

I'm sorry for the bad news :/ You are still in my prayers. And I seriously LOVE the new 'do!! Gorgeous!!

Dianna said...

I am glad the appt went well, but I hate that you are having to even consider all of this. I hope that the new 'do brings you a baby!

Kelly Jean said...

If that's mom hair, then you'll be the cutest mom ever! So stylish.

I hate numbers and stats. Like I said - the stats say MOST people will get pregnant right away. We were the minority in THOSE stats, so I say we will be the minority and get PREG right away with IUI. Yup yup, it's gonna happen.

Yay for Uncle Sam baby! Hehe :D

Unknown said...

My friend! My prayers are with you and Josh. Glad he is so good at saving, he knew it would come in handy soon :) Love you!

Anonymous said...

youre going to be the best mommy ever! God works in such mysterious ways, Erin. Cant wait to get the phone call that I'm gonna be "aunt shannie!!"

xoxo.

The Crosland's said...

Praying for you guys!!! God is good!!!! Wish you didn't have to go through this. If you need anything let me know! I love the new hair do, it makes me want to cut mine! :)